Tuesday 19 April 2016

Swing Friends for Leonie

Hello lovely peeps, hope you are well.
Welcome to my new followers, I'm thrilled to see you :)

Did you watch Leonie's fab show on Hochanda last night?
The product launch continues this morning at 9am and there are more shows planned for 12, 4 and 7pm.
The stamps were so popular that unfortunately they sold out, but you can still get hold of the masks/stencils.

This morning's card is a little scene that I've built up with one of Leonie's masks, some of her stamps and an old Crafters Companion stamp (that I have never inked up before now, hang head in shame)

I taped the largest 'friend' mask down onto Neenah solar white card with low tack tape (this was before I got my Stick n Spray which would have made the job easier, lol).


Then I inked up the 'Friendship' stamp (Crafters Companion/Santoro) with black Archival ink and stamped it over the top so it looks as if the swings are hanging from the word.


Next I wanted to add some colour with my Distress Inks but I didn't want horrible black smudges on my work, so I carefully slid some scrap paper under the mask so I could wipe off the black ink safely.


I built up the colour by applying the ink with a dry baby wipe - I used  'Picked Raspberry', 'Spiced Marmalade' and 'Festive Berries' Distress Inks



I thought it looked unbalanced with the swings hanging from the word as it wasn't central, so I decided to add a tree branch for them to hang from instead. There's a very handy branch in the stamp set which I stamped several times through the middle of the word (with the mask still in place so it will look like the branch is behind the word)


I then used one of the floral stamps to add blossom to the tree branch.


 I've been a bit subtle with my inking so when I remove the mask the word doesn't 'pop' as much as I'd hoped. Still, I like the pastel look so I decide to draw an outline around the word instead.


The 'outy' stencil bit comes with the kit, so I just lay it over the top
 

and trace around it with a black fineliner pen  (I did the inside loops of the letters freehand). Much happier with it now.


I coloured the image in with pencils and added a bit more foliage to my branch. The ropes from the swings needed extending a bit too so I got my ruler in line with the rope, drew in two vertical lines and then drew diagonal lines between them to match the stamped version.


I cut the piece down to a bit smaller than A5 and doodled some lines around the edges.


 I made some paper flowers by die-cutting circles from coloured paper, cutting them into rough spiral shapes and then rolling them up with a quilling tool.


After matting my piece onto an A5 card (edged with Picked Raspberry DI) and glueing on the flowers, I also added a bit of greenery with leaves punched from green paper with a papermania punch.


I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-
Sassy Studio Designs #329 Pastels
The Crafty Addicts #13 Anything Goes/Springtime
Creative Corner Spring Flowers
Melonheadz Friends Challenge LET'S GET GIRLY
Scrapbook Stamp Society Challenge Blog #89 Anything goes option Flowers
Lemon Shortbread #13 Anything Goes
Simply Papercraft #27 Anything Goes

Please take some time to visit the blogs of Leonie's other Design Team Members.
They are:
Nick - http://nickinbarnsley.blogspot.co.uk
Jane - Isleofcraftycreations.blogspot.co.uk &
Elaine - Cakecoffeecraft.blogspot.co.uk 

Thanks for stopping by, I'll be back this afternoon with another sample for you.
Katrina x

12 comments:

trent999 said...

Beautiful card, I am looking forward to coming back this afternoon. What a great show last night. Nick xx

Anonymous said...

Morning Kat this is amazing ! Love it xx

Jane Royston said...

Love it! The colours behind the mask are beautiful and the whole card just works so well, Jane X

hollyberry said...

So sweet and really pretty. Love the samples that you have made.

Fikreta said...

super great card
Bad Kitty's Craftroom

Sue said...

Absolutely fab Katrina!! and congrats on being part of Leonie's DT hugs Sue J xxx

Anne said...

I love all 3 of your creations with Leonie's products Katrina, you've shown some very creative and imaginative ways of using them.
Anne x

Kaija said...

Lovely card!Thanks you for joining us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.
Good luck and welcome again.Gr.Kaija Dt-member

Olga Fink said...

Fantastic card! I enjoyed your step by step tutorial!
Thank you for joining us at the Scrapbook Stamp Society Challenge blog!
Good luck with your entry and welcome again!
xoxo Olga DT member

KarinsArtScrap said...

Katrina this is gorgeous and great tutorial
Thanks for join us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.
Good Luck and hope to see you again

Greetings Karin DT Coördinator

Kraftyscot (Donna) said...

Fab card and tutorial, thanks so much for sharing it with us at Crafty Addicts!!
Hugs Donna(dt)
Kraftyscot Handmade Crafts

Deanne Saunders said...

Oh my goodness! Adorable!!Thanks so much for participating in our LEMON SHORTBREAD challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a great crafty day!!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper