Monday 22 January 2018

Ranunculus Field

Hello lovely peeps


I've got an 8x8 card to show you today, using Ranunculus Field from Stampendous. It's great for repeat stamping as the shape of the right hand side fits in snugly with the left hand side.

I stamped it three times onto Crafters Companion watercolour card with Black Archival Ink and then coloured in the flowers & leaves with Pebeo drawing gum and left it to dry.


For the background I smooshed Festive Berries, Spiced Marmalade and Mustard Seed distress inks onto my craft mat and spritzed with water.


I dragged my card through a few times to make sure all the card was covered then left it to dry again.


Make sure you dab off the excess ink before rubbing off the drawing gum - I forgot to do this and I ended up with some ink splodges on the card underneath. I stamped a few of the flowers again onto thinner watercolour card so I could cover up the splodges.


I was going to leave the flowers white with a bit of shading in grey but it looked really wishy-washy so I took Hubby's advice and gave them a nice pop of colour with Seedless Preserves distress ink.


The tag is from the digital version of Lili Of The Valley's Christmas Sentiment Tags set - I took the blank one into CraftArtist, enlarged it slightly and added my own text using Melanie BT font.

The sentiment at the top of the card is by Stamps Away.

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-
One Crazy Stamper  Anything Goes with a twist - add some purple or blue and button or ribbon
Squirrels Not So Random Challenge #7 Celebrate
Happy Little Stampers (Watercolour)  option of sequins
Brown Sugar #274 birthday
Artistic Stampers Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by,
Katrina x

10 comments:

Carole Pollard said...

Fabulous stamp and such a pretty design those colours work so well Love and hugs Carole x

Claire said...

So vibrant and such a blast of beautiful colours. I love your watercoloured background set against the purple flowers, really eye-catching x

Viv said...

I have this stamp but doubt if I've ever made anything with it that looks as stunning as this! Love it.

Heidi Weaver said...

Oh Katrina, what a wonderful splash of colours! That background looks marvellous with the gorgeous purple flowers standing in the foreground. I think that was the right decision, to colour those flowers. The background was too overwhelming for them, otherwise. Great card and I'm sure it will be appreciated. Thanks so much for joining us for the HLS January Watercolour Challenge.

Cheri Burry said...

Wow what a beautiful card! Love that bright background as well! Thanks for joining us over at One Crazy Stamper!

Fikreta said...

gorgeous card!

Anne said...

I would never have thought of using those colours together but aren’t they fabulous, love it!

Anne x

Linby said...

One of my fave stamps and I love how you used it here. I've just become your latest follower - love your work.

Sue - said...

Fabulous card, I love the vibrant background. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Watercolor Challenge.

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

Love the bright colors on your card
Thank you so much for sharing your work with us at The Artistic Stamper
Hope you will join us this month xxx